Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Introduction

The name I chose for this blog would generally be equated with abundance and possibly excess. This association is partially justified as I do intend on sharing a bounty of insight, inspiration and ideas (among other things).

The true reason for me picking this title, however, is somewhat random. It's inspired by a particular brand of paper towel. Recently, out of our excessively large collection of paper towel (thanks to the awesomeness of Costco bulk), I came across a roll decorated with butterflies and a phrase that read as follows, "Learn from yesterday, Live for today and Hope for tomorrow." This simple phrase challenged and inspired me and has thus become the inspiration for my blog.

Though humbly conveyed on a roll of Bounty paper towel, this principle is very scripturally sound:

Hebrews 12:11 says, "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."

Philippians 3:13-14 says, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

And Matthew 6:31-34 says, "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

I hope you are now as inspired as I, and I know these principles among others are foundational in a satisfied and productive yet none driven lifestyle.